Aspiring business professionals often consider pursuing a management degree from the prestigious Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs). These institutions have a reputation for offering world-class education and creating future leaders. While the Common Admission Test (CAT) is the primary entrance exam for IIMs, many candidates wonder if they can apply with their GMAT score. In this article, we will explore the acceptance of GMAT scores by IIMs and provide a list of programs that require GMAT.
Take Free GMAT 2023 Daily Targets
Subscribe To GMAT Preparation Channel
Understanding GMAT and CAT
The Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) is a standardized exam used for admission to various management programs globally, including renowned business schools outside India. On the other hand, the Common Admission Test (CAT) is conducted specifically for admission to the IIMs and several other management institutes in India.
Do the IIMs Accept GMAT Scores?
Yes, some IIMs do accept GMAT scores for admission to specific programs. However, it is important to note that the CAT score remains the primary entrance criterion for most IIMs. Applicants with GMAT scores usually fall into the category of Non-Resident Indians (NRIs) or foreign nationals who wish to pursue management education in India.
Various Programs at IIMs
|1. Bachelor’s degree with 50% marks
2. 3 years work experience
3. Valid GMAT Score
|Kozhikhode||EPGP||1. A Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline
2. 3 Years of managerial/ entrepreneurial/ professional experience
3. Valid GMAT Score(3 years)
|Indore||EPGP||1. Minimum 4 years of Graduation with 50% marks
2. 5 years work experience
3. Valid GMAT score (5 years)
While the CAT score is the primary admission criterion for most programs in the Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs), all executive programs accept GMAT scores. Aspirants pursuing these programs should thoroughly research the specific IIMs and their admission requirements, including the required GMAT score. It is crucial to stay updated with the official notifications and guidelines provided by the respective IIMs to ensure accurate and timely information regarding the acceptance of GMAT scores.
- Latest Update On GMAT Focus Edition (Changes In Format)
- GMAT Focus Edition | What We Know So Far
- GMAT 2023 Syllabus Download PDF | GMAT Quant, IR, AWA & Verbal Syllabus In Detail
- Everything about ISB Admissions
- GMAT Score vs Percentile | GMAT Percentile Ranking
- What Is GMAT? – Everything to know about the test
- How To Prepare For GMAT In 1 Month?
- What Is Tested In GMAT Verbal? How To Improve Verbal In GMAT?
- Introduction To GMAT Verbal Reasoning (With Solved Examples)
- How To Improve In GMAT Sentence Correction: Tips, Tricks, and Strategies
- 6 Interesting Facts About The GMAT Exam You Should Know
- GMAT preparation for beginners: What to Study and How
- 6 Best Practices for GMAT Preparation: The Ultimate Study Guide
If you are starting your GMAT preparation from scratch, you should definitely check out the GMATPOINT