All you need to know about ISB, Hyderabad
The Indian School of Business is a private business school in India, which is established in the year 2001. It has two campuses in India which are located in Hyderabad and Mohali. It offers certifications in various post-graduate programs. The Indian School of Business (ISB) is considered a world-class business school in Asia. The founders recognised that the rapidly changing business landscape would require young leaders who not only understand the developing economies but who also present a global perspective. The ISB is committed to creating such leaders through its innovative programs, outstanding faculty, and thought leadership. Funded entirely by private corporations, foundations, and individuals from around the world who believe in its vision, the ISB is a not-for-profit organisation. In this article, we will look in detail and do a thorough analysis, of everything one must know about the Indian School of Business.
The first step towards getting admission into ISB is taking the GMAT Exam. Try checking out these free resources to know about the level of questions that appear in the exam, and which will help the candidates gauge their strengths and weaknesses.
If you’re preparing for the GMAT, firstly you should be aware of the examination pattern clearly and have a proper GMAT online preparation plan.
Programs offered at ISB, Hyderabad
In ISB hyderabad many courses in the following are the Post Graduate Programs offered at ISB.
PGP: Post Graduate Program in Management
The Flagship PGP Program is a Global MBA equivalent, full-time residential program for professionals. The duration of the program is 1 year. The work experience required is 2-20 years. The program is offered at the Hyderabad and Mohali campuses (with International Exchange Program).
PGPpro: Post Graduate Program in Management for working professionals
The program is a Global Weekend Executive MBA Equivalent Programme for Future Leaders. The duration of the program is 18 months. The minimum work-ex needed to apply is 5+ years. The locations of the program are Hyderabad, Delhi, Mumbai, Bengaluru.
PGPMAX: Post Graduate Program in Management for Senior Executives
The program is a Global Executive MBA equivalent program for experienced professionals, senior executives, and entrepreneurs. The duration of the program is 15 months. The minimum work experience needed is 10 to 25 years. The program is offered at the Hyderabad, ISB and Mohali campuses.
PGP MFAB: Post Graduate Program in Management for Family Business
The program is a comprehensive general management program for next-generation family business owners. The duration of the program is 15 months. The minimum work experience needed is 0 to 5 years. The program is offered at the ISB, Hyderabad and Mohali campuses.
Check out the GMAT Syllabus PDF
PGP: Post Graduate Program in Management
As most candidates are interested in the flagship PGP Program, let us look at the program in detail.
The Post Graduate Program in Management (PGP) at ISB is one of the top-ranked one-year management programs. ISB is regarded among the best B-Schools in the world, and it endows young managers with multidisciplinary perspectives and global exposure.
There are three ways to gain admission to the flagship Post Graduate Programme in Management (PGP).
- PGP (Individuals with 2+ years of work experience)
- Early Entry Option (individuals with less than 2 years of work experience)
- YLP (for final year and pre-final year college students)
1. PGP (Individuals with 2+ years of work experience)
- Bachelors degree or equivalent in any discipline.
- Valid GMAT / GRE Score.
- At least 24 months of full-time work experience
- TOEFL / IELTS / PTE Score (only if the language of instruction at undergrad study is not English.)
Candidates are assessed based on the following six factors:
As per the info. on the official website, candidates are evaluated based on the following six factors:
1) Academics: Applicants must mention their X, XII, graduation, post-graduation (if any), additional certifications in this section, etc. in this section.
2) Work Experience: Candidates must mention their top job responsibilities, initiatives, and achievements.
3) Awards & Activities: Arrange your awards, achievements, and hobbies in the order of importance, and mention them in the awards, activities, and hobbies sections.
4) GMAT/GRE Test Score: Provide a valid GMAT or GRE score.
GMAT and GRE scores are valid for five years from the date you take the test. Applicants must take the test before submitting their application. The scores reported must be valid as of the deadline date of the round in which one applies.
5) Essay: Applicants should reflect on their experiences and let their thoughts flow. Focus on uniqueness and leadership. Mind the word Limit.
6) Recommendation: The applicants will have to provide details of one recommender who can be their reporting manager/ previous manager/ senior colleague/ current client/ previous client/ business partner/ supplier/ auditor etc. Go by the quality of the evaluation rather than the seniority of the designation
ISB Hyderabad Admission process
Each applicant is evaluated based on the following parameters.
1) Academic Credentials: The application keenly evaluates your ability to cope with the rigor of the program through your past academic performance and your performance in the GMAT/GRE exam. The 12th standard grades, graduation grades, post-graduation, and certification scores are considered- wherever applicable along with the overall GMAT/GRE score. However, no “cut off” criteria are applied to either the academic credentials or the GMAT/GRE score.
2) Leadership Potential: Applicants are evaluated on the basis of the impact they have made in their past professional and personal life. This aspect is assessed through the initiatives that the applicant may have taken, the responsibilities handled, and the career progression achieved to date. The one professional evaluation (i.e. recommendation) which forms an important part of the application also helps in gauging the leadership potential of the applicant in a professional setting.
3) Personal Attributes: The ISB looks for versatile and well-rounded individuals who can contribute to society in positive and meaningful ways. People who can bring different perspectives to the class and appreciate different points of view. Your extracurricular activities and interests beyond your work life give an insight into your personal qualities. The School encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds to become part of the Post Graduate Programme in Management. Diversity in all forms of life, like work experience, educational background, nationality, among others is given due consideration.
2. Early Entry Option (individuals with less than 2 years of work experience)
The Early Entry Option is a deferred admission offer to the ISB Post Graduate Programme in Management. The Early Entry Option allows recent graduates with less than 24 months of full-time work experience to secure their admission to the ISB PGP. Candidates selected will secure a deferred admission and will be eligible to join the PGP upon completing at least 24 months of full-time work experience.
Eligibility for Early Entry Option (PGP Deferred):
1) Bachelors degree or equivalent in any discipline
2) Valid GMAT / GRE score
3) Less than 24 months of full-time work experience by class start date 2022
4) TOEFL / IELTS score (only if the language of instruction at the undergraduate study level is not English)
Upon selection through the Early Entry Option, you will join the PGP program in the year in which you complete 24 months of full-time work experience by class start date. (and internships are not considered full-time work ex).
ISB Admission Procedure: As per the info on the official website, Applicants are evaluated on the basis of the impact they have made in their past professional and personal life. This aspect is assessed through the initiatives that the applicant may have taken, the responsibilities handled and the career progression achieved till date. The one professional evaluation (i.e, recommendation – LOR’s by professors or managers) which forms an important part of the application also helps in gauging the leadership potential of the applicant in a professional setting.
3. YLP (final year and pre-final year college students)
It is a deferred admission option for college students pursuing their bachelor’s or master’s education.
Eligibility for YLP (PGP Deferred): To apply under the Young Leaders Programme for deferred admission to PGP, candidates will need to:
- Be a current college student pursuing a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in any discipline.
- Be in the pre-final or final year of graduation or post-graduation.
- Have no full-time work-ex (internships are not considered as full-time work experience)
ISB Admission Process:
The Young Leaders Programme follows a 3-stage application process. The requirements vary in each stage. Upon selection through the Young Leaders Programme, the candidate will join the PGP program in the year in which he/she completes 20 months of full-time work experience by the Class start date.
Stage 1: Fill in your personal details, acads, awards & achievements, write an essay, and submit your application. (No GMAT/GRE test score is required in Stage I of the selection process). The candidates shortlisted in stage I proceed to Stage II of the application process.
Stage 2: Provide a GMAT/GRE Score, write 2 more Essays, provide your evaluator details, and submit your application. (Your evaluator can be the HOD/ Professor or your Reporting Manager during the internship). The candidates shortlisted in stage II proceed to Stage III of the application process.
Stage 3: Personal Interview.
Once the candidates are accepted to YLP, they will need to complete 20 months of mandatory work experience. Attending the YLP will help you gain insights into management education before you begin the full-time MBA (PGP). So, once selected for the program, candidates can also use learning weekends to connect with PGP students, world-class faculty, and network with industry leaders.
Subscribe To GMATPOINT YouTube Channel
The GMAT Cutoff for ISB
There is no specific cutoff for the GMAT score. The GMAT score usually ranges between 690-710.
Number of seats at ISB
The approximate no. of seats in the Hyderabad, ISB campus are 600, and the approximate no. of seats in the Mohali campus is 288.
Batch Profile of ISB
The percentage of Males in the latest batch was 60%, and the percentage of Females was 40%.
The percentage of Engineers in the latest batch was 64%, and the percentage of Non-Engineers was 36%.
Work experience of the batch:
Check out the complete GMAT syllabus and Section-wise Preparation Tips
Program Fee at ISB
The Fees for the Post Graduate Program in Management (PGP) is 35+ Lakhs. The applicants are also eligible to apply for the Need-based and Merit-based Scholarships.
Education loans are available through various banks and lenders such as Axis Bank, Avanse, Bajaj Finance, Bank of Baroda, Bank of India, Bank of Kathmandu Limited, Canara Bank, HDFC Credila, Indian Bank, State Bank of India, ICICI Bank, Union Bank of India, etc.
Placements at ISB
ISB Hyderabad Placements – The Average Placement at ISB stands at 28+ LPA. The following table shows the avg. placement at ISB, Hyderabad for the past years:
The admission process (for PGP and EEO applicants) of ISB , Hyderabad usually takes place in three cycles/rounds. Applying in any round does not impact your chances of securing an admission offer.
Cycle 1 – Mid-September (PGP Admissions Round 1 Deadline is Sep 12, 2021)
Cycle 2 – January Second week.
Cycle 3 – March First week.
(Full tuition fee waivers will be offered only to Round 1 applicants. Upto 75% tuition fee waivers will be offered to Round 2 applicants.
And for EEO applicants: Advantages of applying in Round 1 are: Full tuition fee waivers will be offered. 50% of all merit and need-based waivers will be offered to Round 1 applicants).
The admission process for ISB YLP Program is as follows:
The stage 1 deadline is usually in March, Stage 2 deadline in August and Stage 3 (which is the Interview) usually happens between August and November.
The Application fees range between Rs. 5000 to 7500 for first-time applicants. Also, Candidates are advised to visit the official website for exact dates.